The technical regulation TR CU 012/2011 collects the standards and directives for the safety of products and equipment intended for use in explosive atmospheres. All products with the ATEX marking are subject to the TR CU 012 certification. For the EAC market, the certification process for ATEX products is essential and mandatory and takes place as follows:
- First of all, it is necessary to identify the product category with the relative customs tariff number and the ATEX mark to determine which GOST regulation the product is subject to. Next you will have to establish whether you intend to obtain a certification for serial production (validity from 1 to 5 years) or the certification for single order (of a specific lot or of a single unit).
TR CU 012 always requires an EAC Certificate (and not an EAC Declaration); the product is ALWAYS has to undergo specific tests / inspections in order to obtain the EAC TR CU 012/2011 Certification; also, it is mandatory for said Certificate to be issued by a Certifying Body with state accreditation - not only for this technical regulation 012/2011, but the aforementioned accreditation must include specifically the customs tariff number(s) of the product for which the certificate will be issued. Furthermore, the latter can be issued only and exclusively based on the tests / inspections carried out at one of the laboratories accredited for the TR CU 012/2011 –in this case as well the laboratory must have in its field of accreditation the customs tariff number and type of product that it can certify. This is to guarantee that the given laboratory has the facilities and tools suitable for carrying out the mandatory tests to ensure the safety of the products intended for use in explosive atmospheres.
The certification process takes about 2-3 months, and takes place as follows:
• You need to apply for certification by filling out the questionnaire in which you must indicate:
- type of product
- ATEX mark
- list of ATEX components if present
- customs tariff number
- attach the technical drawing and, if available, the user manual
• Once these data are obtained, our technical experts will process the request in about 2-4 working days and you will be provided with the commercial offer.
• Once the offer has been confirmed, the following technical documentation must be processed in Russian:
- Technical passport
- ATEX user manual
- Fire risk analysis
- Translation and list of essential documentation to be collected for the technical file
• Once the technical documentation has been processed, the product can be tested at the accredited laboratory in Russia or at the customer's facility (only if the GOST regulations allow it).
- Negative outcome of the test / inspection - a negative test protocol will be issued, thus not allowing the issuance of the EAC TR CU 012 certificate. In this case, any engineering non-conformities will have to be fixed and, once the problem has been resolved, it will be carried out again testing.
- Positive outcome of the test / inspection the EAC TR CU 012 Certificate will be released - in approximately 4 weeks.
• In case the EAC TR CU 012 Certification will be issued per order (i.e. certification for a lot or a single unit) it will be necessary to provide the supply contract (only the first and last page of the contract where the number, the date of contract and signatures with stamps). Furthermore, the section in which the item and its quantity are mentioned needs to be provided; it is also required to provide the pro forma invoice or packing list. The contract must be made between the member country of the Customs Union and the supplier.
Follow is the link
for the complete technical regulation.